Compendium content that the game creator has purchased can be easily shared among participants in a game. This means players will be able to more quickly utilize Compendium data in tools like the Charactermancer. Compendium Sharing is a way for game creators to share their compendium access with players in their games.
You can check out this segment from our video tutorial on how to share your compendiums with your players!
Based on your subscription level, you can share your purchased compendiums with players in games that you have created. You can only share the compendium in a game if your name has the "Creator" tag next to it.
How do I enable Compendium Sharing?
To turn on Compendium Sharing for a game, open the game and click the "Settings" button from the game details page.
- From the drop-down, select "Game Settings."
- Scroll down to the option marked "Share my compendium with players?" Select "Yes."
- Below the sharing option, you can see how many game slots you have available, as well as how many players are in your current game. You can remove compendium access from a game by clicking the "X" next to the game's name, if you need to free up space.
- After you select "Yes," be sure to scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes."
What are the limitations of Compendium Sharing?
In order to ensure licensed content is safe from being exploited beyond intended personal use with this feature, we have set the following limits:
- Free Users may purchase any compendium. They may only share their purchased compendiums with one active game that contains no more than themselves plus 5 players (6 total).
- Plus Subscribers may purchase any compendium. They may share their purchased compendiums with three active games that contain no more than themselves plus 10 players each (11 total per game).
- Pro Subscribers may purchase any compendium. They may share their purchased compendiums with five active games that contain no more than themselves plus 15 players each (16 total per game).
(no. of games / no. of players per game)
Note: You can only share all or none of your compendiums. If you own multiple compendiums, you cannot pick and choose which ones to share with which players.
What happens if I go over my limit?
Once your game reaches the maximum number of players, compendium sharing will be disabled and you will get a warning message that it has been disabled for this game. You can use the "Kick from Game" feature to remove inactive players from your game or upgrade your subscription if you need more players to have access to your compendium.
The limit goes into effect even if those players themselves own one or more of the compendiums you want to share. Players who have purchased the compendium will still be able to access it as normal for themselves, but other players won't be able to access the shared compendium in a game they did not create.