Looking for a quick set-up guide to Dynamic Lighting? Look no further, here’s a checklist you can use to make sure you've completed all the steps to setting up your encounter!
For Dynamic Lighting, Make Sure...
1. Dynamic Lighting Is On For The Page
- Go To The Page Menu.
- Click the Gear icon for page you want to edit.
- Ensure Dynamic Lighting is set to “On.”
2. Barriers Are Drawn On The Map
- Switch to the Dynamic Lighting Layer.
- Use the Drawing tools to outline walls, caves, columns, or anything that needs to restrict sight.
3. Lights Are Placed + Light Settings Are Double Checked
- Place a token on the grid by dragging a character token or image to the map.
- Tokens can be placed on the DL layer, the Map layer, or the Token layer
- Open the Settings of the placed token, by clicking the token and pressing the gear button.
- Turn on Light and set Light radius.
- Options for Bright Light, Low Light, or both
Optional: Turn on Daylight Mode
- Can be activated in Page Settings
4. Vision Is Activated For Tokens That Need To See
- Go to Token Settings.
- Turn “Vision” on for the token.
- Optional: Turn On Night Vision, or Restrict Vision.
5. Players Have Been Given Control Of Their Tokens
- Open the Character settings for the Token
- Click “Edit” in the top right corner
- Add the correct players for the Token to the “Controlled by” section
- Click “Save”
- Optional: Save token as default token on the character sheet.
6. Double check your settings, repeat if needed, then start your game!
If you’re still unable to get Dynamic Lighting up and running after working through this Checklist, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Looking to set up Dynamic Lighting quickly, or need to double check your work?