"What does the overall process look like from start to finish?"
The translation process and software may seem a bit complex, but it's not that bad when you break it down. Here's how it generally plays out:
- Translators submit translations for their chosen content (character Sheets, main site, etc.) via Crowdin.
- Roll20 reviews the submitted translations.
- If approved, the translations are merged onto the main site where you can see and use the translations for the chosen content (character Sheets, main site, etc.).
"How do I use Crowdin to actually translate the content?"
It's actually pretty simple! Here's a breakdown
- Select the respective Crowdin project in which you want to translate.
- For community-maintained Character Sheets, go to this project: https://crowdin.com/project/roll20-character-sheets.
- For Roll20-maintained Character Sheets, go to this project: https://crowdin.com/project/roll20-official-character-shee.
- For translating the main site, go to the respective link once you are approved.
- Select the language for which you want to translate.
- Select the content/folder you want to translate.
- For character sheets, select the character sheet you want to translate.
- For the main site, select the i18n folder.
- Click the Translate Folder button.
- Start translating content!
- For additional help with this part of Crowdin, check out their great support article seen here: https://support.crowdin.com/for-volunteer-translators/.
"How long does it take for my translation to go 'live'?"
We typically update the translations for our site every week. If there are changes to that schedule, we will let you know as soon as possible.
"I have a question or concern about Translation/Crowdin."
We're here to help! Contact our support team via this link and we'll get you squared away as quickly as we can.