Roll20 has a variety of features and systems that allow for you to upload content for your games including animations, images, token markers, audio, music, and even PDFs. However, the way to remove these assets differ. Below rounds up all the places where you might have assets uploaded and how to reduce or clear your quota to upload new or different assets.
Where to find storage quota
To find your storage quota and how much has been used you will need to navigate to your account settings here: https://app.roll20.net/account/
On right right side of the page, you will see a section dedicated to your storage quota like this:
At the top you will see how much storage space you have total and below you will find text breakdowns and a graphical representation of your storage quota usage. This will help in determining where you may need to remove assets to reclaim the most space.
The chart depicting usage has a known issue where after unsubscribing, it will not display correctly until the storage usage is brought beneath the new limit. If this happens, refer to the text breakdown for an accurate portrayal of usage.
Removing images and animations
To permanently delete images or animations from your account and reclaim storage space, you must delete the assets from the "Recent Uploads" section of your Art Library.
- Launch any game
- Navigate to the "Art Library Tab"
- Select the "My Library" option at the top
- Locate the "Recent Uploads" section
- Right click assets and select "Delete Item"
If you need to delete multiple items at once, then you can access a "pop up" to do so by doing the following:
- Left click any asset in the "Recent Uploads" section
- Click any images you wish to remove in the pop-up window
- Images you wish to remove will be highlighted in a light blue
- Right click one of the highlighted images and select "Delete Selected"
For more information on the Art Library and how to navigate or manage your assets in this space, please see our help center article here: Art Library
Removing token markers sets
Token markers are housed separately from images and animations and can still contribute to your overall quota usage. Below outlines the steps needed to free up space.
- Navigate to your Token Marker Library here: https://app.roll20.net/marker-library
- Locate any unused token marker sets
- Select the "Trashcan" icon on the right side of the set
- Click "Yes, delete it" on the confirmation pop up
If you would prefer to only remove specific icons from a token marker set, carry out the following:
- Left click the token marker set you wish to edit
- Click the small empty circle in the top left of any token marker you wish to remove
- Select the "Remove" option at the top right of the page
- Click "Yes, remove it" on the confirmation pop up
If you would like to know more about the Token Marker feature and how to utilize and navigate the options available, you can check our help center article here: Token Marker Sets
Removing audio files and music
To permanently delete audio files or music from your account, you must access the "My Jukebox" section of the Roll20 site from outside of your game. To do this, perform the following:
- Navigate to your Audio Library here: https://app.roll20.net/audio_library/
- Select the "Tracks" option at the top
- Ensure you are on the "My Audio" tab
- Select the name of the audio file you wish to remove, it should become editable
- Select the "Trashcan" icon that should have now appeared on the right of the track
- Click "OK" on the confirmation pop up
At this time, there is no way to delete audio files in bulk. The action must be performed individually.
For more information on the Jukebox and the My Audio feature, you can see our help center article here: Jukebox
PDFs are managed entirely within the game environment, similarly to images and animations. In order to delete a PDF from your account you must carry out the following steps:
- Launch any game
- Navigate to the Journal tab
- Delete the PDF from your game via the Journal
- Repeat steps 1-3 for any game that has a copy of the PDF
- Click "+ Add" and select "PDF"
- From the pop up, select "Yes, let's add from my library"
- Find the PDF you'd like to remove from your account
- Click the three dots to open the menu
- Select "Delete"
- Click "Yes, delete PDF from my library" from the pop-up menu
At this time, there is no way to delete PDFs in the journals of others games from another game. You must navigate to each and delete the copy there. Further, it is not possible to permanently delete PDFs in bulk and must be done individually.
For more information on the PDF feature, you can see our help center article here: In-Journal PDFs On Roll20
Still need help?
If you are having difficulty reclaiming space or need additional guidance or assistance in reclaiming space, feel free to contact our support team directly via our web form.