December 23, 2022
- Hotfix to resolve the Miscellaneous Tab not appearing for accounts when the Apply Default Game Settings Button should be available.
December 21, 2022
- Fixed an issue that prevented smoothly dragging a token through a window or door
- Re-Implemented panning via the middle mouse button on the VTT
- Added snap-to-grid functionality for Windows and Doors
- Added Place Door & Place Window to the Undo History, so placement can be undone with Ctrl/Cmd+Z
- Resolved an issue in the New Voice & Video Beta where Firefox users who muted their Video stream would cause other players to see a connection error for that user.
- Added an Audio Activity Indicator / Visualizer to the New Voice & Video Beta
- Miscellaneous optimizations of VTT performance
December 20, 2022
- Added a new 'Hotness' sort category on the Marketplace
- This sorting will highlight items that are currently popular, especially if they are new releases.
- Increased the maximum upload size for Pro and Plus subscribers from 10MB to 20MB
- Increased the maximum upload size for non-subscribers from 5MB to 10MB
- Adjusted the Marketplace gifting interface to display up to 500 players with whom you have played a game as potential gift recipients, instead of only 25.
December 19, 2022
Update to D&D 5e sheet that allows users to chose whether they want their proficiencies to be consolidated by type on the sheet vs. individual rows for every one. To enable this go to sheet settings and toggle on “consolidated proficiencies”.
Update to Coyote & Crow character sheet to fix a bug where moving between Character Profile and Sheet would sometimes not return to the right sheet type (PC/NPC)
Update to Kingmaker sheets within PF1, PF2, and D&D5e to make Army Melee Attacks rollable
- In the journal, holding shift and clicking on a character will open the character window to the Bio & Info tab
December 16, 2022
- Resolved an issue where certain types of Rolls (Roll Queries, Inline Roll Buttons) would silently fail for some users.
December 14, 2022
- Doors are now available for Pro users in Early Access via the “Place” tool in the lefthand toolbar on the VTT.
- Players with permissions and sight can see door icons (unless secret). Doors block movement for player tokens and prompt turning on Restrict Player Movement if not already on.
- Players can click on doors that are not locked or secret to open and close them. Opening a door removes the movement restriction, so the player can then move their token through the door.
- Secret doors appear to players as dynamic lighting barriers, with no icon visible.
- GMs can open/close doors, lock/unlock, and make secret/not secret doors with toggles as well as changing the line color. GMs can select and delete doors using the backspace or delete key.
- GMs can resize and rotate doors via bubbles at each end of the window from the Dynamic Lighting layer.
- Doors have Mod (API) properties for placement, open/close, locked/unlocked, and secret/not secret.
- Windows and doors now only show the locked icon after a player has attempted to open them.
- Updated the layout and styling of the Start New Game page to improve module and character sheet selection experiences.
- Removed the "Tags" field on the Start New Game page. You can still apply tags via the My Games section of Roll20.
- Added a back button for the Place Door tour and future tours.
- Fixed an issue that could cause in-game chat messages to corrupt the chat archive.
- Copy updated on unsupported browser pop-up.
- Fixed an issue with Mod (API) vision angles.
December 13, 2022
- Changes made to Suggestions & Ideas forum voting: votes accrue based on hours played (one for your first 20, then every 50), votes accrue based on account age at six month intervals (one for every six months), and subscribers receive an additional 10 votes for every year spent subscribed. Free users can post as soon as they’ve accrued one vote.
December 12, 2022
- Print functionality made available to community sheet authors. Help Center documentation has been updated with styling tips on how to make sheets print-ready and how to enable the print button on sheets
- D&D 5e official character sheet has been made print-ready. To print your sheet you can use the new print button located in the top left corner of the sheet window (next to the pop-out option).
December 9, 2022
- Launched the New Voice & Video Open Beta for all users.
December 8, 2022
- Fixed an issue where mouse inputs were not properly registering on the unsupported Safari browser. Help Center documentation has been updated to help users experiencing issues who want to continue to use this browser.
December 6, 2022
- Small Quality of Life improvements made to the official D&D 5e sheet:
- Added a level up button next to your class for easy access to the level up charactermancer
- Added expand/collapse functionality to the characteristics section of the sheet
- Adjusted layout of Vehicle NPC sheet to make better use of space
December 2, 2022
- Resolved an issue where the Virtual Tabletop displayed a black screen under certain conditions when only WebGL1 was available for the browser.
Update made to Zweihander official sheet to correct duplicate background information showing on the sheet
Update made to Call of Cthulhu 7e official sheet to correct damage calculations that were not properly rolling
November 30, 2022
- Windows are now available for Pro users in Early Access via the "Place" tool in the lefthand toolbar on the VTT.
- Players with permissions and sight can see through windows, but they block movement for player tokens and prompt turning on Restrict Player Movement if not already on.
- Players can click on windows that are not locked to open and close them. Opening a window removes the movement restriction, so the player can then move through the window.
- GMs can open/close windows and lock/unlock windows with toggles, change the line color, and select and delete windows.
- GMs can resize and rotate windows via bubbles at each end of the window from the Dynamic Lighting layer.
- Windows have Mod (API) properties for placement, open/close, and locked/unlocked.
- Fixed an issue where advanced keyboard shortcuts were not functioning.
- Fixed an issue obscuring the color picker with the toolbar.
- Fixed an issue causing animated tokens to stop animating.
November 29, 2022
Fixed an issue where rolling dice in the tutorial game caused an error.
November 22, 2022
- Updates made to the Marvel Playtest Character sheet to incorporate 1.3 errata.
November 18, 2022
- Corrected weighting of the Critical Injury roll tables for official Cyberpunk RED character sheet
November 17, 2022
- Added 1-to-1 Whisper functionality to New Voice & Video Beta
- Added dragging players to individual pages to New Voice & Video Beta
- Add some handling for browser device permission misconfigurations for New Voice & Video Beta
November 15, 2022
When opening a character in the VTT, the character sheet will be the first tab. If you'd like the ability to open to the Bio & Info tab instead, please vote on product board here.
November 10, 2022
Updates made to the official Cyberpunk Red by Roll20 Character sheet including: Send to Chat and GM Whisper functionality, Custom Martial Arts Skills, Ammo Tracking, and Attack checks.
November 7, 2022
Updates to Zweihander Character Sheet to allow spells to drag & drop correctly for the starter kit.
November 1, 2022
- Updates to the New Voice & Video Beta Preview for Pro Users
- Joining Voice & Video now requires clicking "Join Voice & Video" before broadcasting or sending any Audio or Video.
- Card Decks are now fully supported on New V&V Player Frames.
- Player Frames will now display regardless of connection status to Voice & Video, to denote players are present in the game.
- Added a reconnect button on other players' frames to selectively reconnect to only that player while maintaining your connection to others in-game.
- Substantial improvements to connection stability and other miscellaneous bugfixes.
October 25, 2022
- Updates made to Pathfinder 1e, Pathfinder 2e, and D&D 5e Official Character sheets to incorporate the new Army, Settlement, and Kingdom sheets in support of the new Kingmaker adventure path.
October 24, 2022
- Fixed an issue where page menu settings were appearing behind the page toolbar.
- Fixed an issue where opened pages were not appearing in the correct order or selecting correctly when opening multiple compendium pages within the VTT.
October 21, 2022
- Two new official Roll20 Sheets released: Zweihander and Coyote & Crow
October 12, 2022
- When placing an image on a blank map layer, you now have the option to resize the page or image depending on the dimensions of the image uploaded or drag-and-dropped from your Art Library. Images that have dimensions set will drag-and-drop at those dimensions.
- You can now set the dimensions of uploaded assets in your Art Library by right clicking and selecting "Resize Item."
- Fixed an issue where certain elements of the VTT were erroneously ordered to appear above others. For example, handouts will again appear below the action bar.
October 11, 2022
- Updated welcome page designs.
- Enabled faster clearing of stuck images during upload for our creators.
October 10, 2022
Fixed issue where items on "My Marketplace Items" were failing to load.
October 7, 2022
Minor bug fixes to D&D 5e Character Sheet to add missing background to Astral Drifter and correct DC’s for certain NPCs when dragged into the VTT.
September 29, 2022
- A pasted image URL ending in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png in chat now appears as an image in chat rather than a link.
- Token bars and radial menu bubbles now have a transparency option via the color picker under Personalization & Display.
- Fixed an issue where the opacity of the token bar overlay and nameplate were not matching the opacity of the token image on the GM layer.
- Fixed an issue where token bar overlay displayed on Map layer.
- Fixed an issue with the text shadow when zoomed in on token bars.
- Updated VTT settings styling for legibility in dark mode.
September 28, 2022
Updates made to Official Cyberpunk RED character sheet to incorporate Role Abilities.
September 27, 2022
- Rolled back change where the token bar's fields are disabled when the bar is configured to use an attribute from the character sheet.
September 26, 2022
- Updates made to correct a bug where whisper roll settings weren’t always appearing in the apply default settings tool for D&D 5e character sheet.
September 21, 2022
Players can now see their Art Library in the VTT
- Players can see their marketplace purchases and personal uploads
- Players can now drag & drop from their Art Library to their character’s avatar and default token
- Note: Players cannot drag & drop from Art Library to VTT
Edit Character Enhancements
- Players can now drag and drop from Art Library
Character Default Token
- “Use Select token” has been moved below the Token Image
GMs and Players can drag and drop an image from Art Library or upload from their computer (before Use Selected Token was the only option)
- Tokens default to 1x1, but will keep size when set with Use Selected Token
- Defaults to represent the character
- New “Edit Token Properties” button to edit the default token (GM Only)
- New “Apply Token Default” to update existing tokens representing this character to match the character’s default token. (GM Only)
“Use Select token” has moved below the token image
- If the selected token is not already set to represent a character, the saved snapshot will represent this character.
- New “Update Token Default” button will copy a snapshot of the token's image and settings as the default token for this character.
September 20, 2022
- Added Player Location preference to New Voice & Video Beta
- Restored Reconnect Button to the Settings Tab when New Voice & Video Beta is active in the game.
September 14, 2022
- Transparent barriers are officially out of Pro early access and are now available to Plus subscribers.
- Fixed a "phantom token" issue where tokens that had drag-and-dropped incorrectly or suffered another error were still showing token bars despite users being unable to interact with them.
- Fixed an issue where auras were not obeying see/edit rules.
- Fixed an issue where token bars were no longer allowing "0" as a maximum value.
- Fixed an issue where GMs would adjust daylight mode for a page a player was on and the setting would not change for the player until refresh.
- Fixed an issue where long messages in chat were not automatically scrolling downward.
September 6, 2022
GMs can now hide messages sent by themselves and players in chat. This also hides them from the chat archive.
- Fixed an issue causing token lag when using Fog of War.
August 30, 2022
- Adjusted styling for "Custom Sheet Sandbox" and "Access the Dev Server" on the "My Games" page while in dark mode
- Adjusted styling for "Join a game" and "Custom sheet sandbox" on the "Welcome" page
- Forum threads now offer a "visited" styling showing which threads have been viewed in the past.
- Fixed banners for Roll20 Reserve and gift pages while in dark mode
- Updated default background images for campaigns
August 29, 2022
- Dark Mode now available for all users
August 26, 2022
- Changing the color of the token bar overlay now updates the color without requiring a refresh or token movement.
- Fixed an issue where token bar overlay and nameplates were visible through Fog of War.
- Fixed an issue with uploading a new PDF or image assets via drag-and-drop.
- Fixed an issue preventing token names and bars from being seen on pages with dynamic lighting enabled while multiple tokens were selected.
- Fixed an issue which required players with control over a token to also have “see” enabled in order to see the token bar overlay.
- For tokens on the dynamic lighting layer, token bar overlay is no longer visible while on other layers.
- Token bar overlay for tokens on the GM layer now match the transparency of the tokens.
August 25, 2022
- A new option to show token nameplate and bar overlay on hover is now in the Settings tab under Graphics on the VTT.
- Token bar styling has been updated
- Fixed a contrast issue with VTT Night Vision Effect input.
- Fixed visual tab selection issue when in token settings.
- Fixed an issue where users who were subscribed but their subscription ended still had Restricted Movement enabled.
- Fixed an issue where token marker flyout was not remaining open after a selection.
- Fixed an issue where mod (API) vision and directional lighting were not updating unless saved by opening the token manually.
August 22, 2022
- Fixed an issue where short descriptions were not dragging & dropping onto the Pathfinder 2e NPC sheet.
- Fixed an issue where animal handling skill details were not getting added to the D&D 5e sheet when dragging & dropping monsters.
- Hovering over expandable sections within Game Settings should now use a darker color
- The "Content" "Looking for Players" and "Settings" button now have an outline for their location
August 17, 2022
- New Voice & Video Beta preview is now live for Pro users. You can find more information here.
August 16, 2022
- Transparent barriers are in early access for Pro users.
PDFs are now available for all users.
GMs can upload PDFs and share with players. You can directly upload or drag-and-drop your PDFs to the VTT when you are a GM in a game.
PDFs are searchable, and you can navigate through PDFs using the outline or internal links when they exist in the original PDF file.
PDFs are stored in your PDF library, so you can add them to multiple games.
- Dynamic Lighting color picker now has adjustable color selector and new predefined list of colors.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to discern which Mod Scripts were disabled/enabled
- Fixed an issue which caused the "Insert link" pop up to have a transparent background while editing a post
- Introduced secondary color to main navigation bar
August 2, 2022
- Isometric and Dimetric grid types are now part of the Page Settings for all Plus users.
August 1, 2022
- We've updated our styling in a few places!
- Includes welcome page, forums, game details, and more!
July 29, 2022
- PDF upload limit (currently in early access for Pro users) increased to 150MB
- PDF upload and virus scanning fixes applied
July 27, 2022
PDFs are now in early access for Pro users.
- As a Pro user, you can upload PDFs and share with non-pro players you've invited to your games. You can directly upload or drag-and-drop your PDFs to the VTT when you are a GM in a game.
- PDFs are searchable, and you can share them with your players as a handout in your games.
- You can navigate through PDFs using the outline.
- Pro storage limit increased to 8 GB.
July 15, 2022
- Two bug fixes addressed for D&D 5e & Starfinder Character Sheets: D&D 5e update to reduce 'flicker' on sheet when dragging & dropping; Starfinder: update to correct minor display issues due to dark mode
July 11, 2022
- Marvel Playtest character sheet updated to incorporate recently released errata to damage calculations
June 27, 2022
- Fixed a bug causing Unarmed attacks to ignore melee damage bonus on the Fallout Character Sheet. Also added a melee damage bonus modifier, to allow for changes to PC Melee Bonus.
June 20, 2022
- Minor adjustments to dark mode version of 5e character sheet for roll templates not using correct colors
- General sheet updates made for Vampire the Masquerade 5e character sheet:
- Section Control: Choose which sections of the sheet are relevant to your SPC
General Difficulties: SPCs can now have general difficulties defined
Dice Roller: Uses the new dice roller implemented on the standard sheet for automatic result calculation
SPC Drag and Drop: Drag & drop SPCs directly from the compendium to a character sheet
June 9, 2022
- The VTT will now display an error message if there is a fatal error which prevents the game from loading.
- The VTT will display a dismissible alert when loading a page with dynamic lighting and we detect that Hardware Acceleration may be disabled.
June 6, 2022
- Intelligence added as a quick roll option to the Fallout character sheet
May 27, 2022
- Fixed an issue where links to handouts and characters in popped-out handouts would cause an error when clicked.
May 23, 2022
Improvements to Fallout sheet: to correctly calculate Tag Skill successes and to correctly calculate NPC TNs in roll templates.
- Fixed an issue where the add page anywhere functionality in the VTT page menu was not working correctly.
May 16, 2022
Movement speed added to Power Rangers by Roll20 character sheet
May 9, 2022
Fixed a roll macros issue where computed rows displayed in allProps if a property wasn't named.
- Long/Short Rest buttons can now be toggled on & off on the D&D 5e sheet
May 4, 2022
- Added "Manage Publisher Profile" to account drop down for creators to access their profile pages.
April 28, 2022
- On Token Set Marketplace Item pages, an update has been made so the title of the image no longer covers the entire image itself. Reading the entire title of the image is available upon hover.
April 25, 2022
- Fixed an issue causing blocks to Vision and Light on Dynamic Lighting Barriers that double back on themselves.
April 19, 2022
- Storage Quota now shows the total for each file type, as well as a donut chart. Who doesn't love donuts?
April 15, 2022
- Fixed even more issues that could cause peeking beyond Dynamic Lighting Barriers
April 13, 2022
One-Way Dynamic Lighting Barriers - When on the Dynamic Lighting Layer, GMs can select a new barrier type of One Way. One Way barriers block light and vision from one side of the line but let it pass through the other side
- Grant vision to tokens on higher ground
- Let players see an object (like a pillar or bush) while blocking vision behind the object
- Better support for Interrogation Room scenes
- Includes API accommodations for one-way barriers
- Paths drawn with the Polygon and Draw Shape tools can now close fully
April 11, 2022
- Brazilian Portuguese Translations now available on the Why Subscribe page
April 7, 2022
- Fixed a bug where French users were unable to delete their game or chat
April 5, 2022
- Fixed a bug where creating and immediately deleting a Page from the Page Menu could potentially cause layout issues with the Page Menu.
- Fixed an issue where a player right next to a barrier could potentially cause peeking issues for light and vision through to the other side of the barrier.
- Fixed an issue where Players could potentially pass through Circles used as Dynamic Lighting barriers.
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Lighting barriers didn't always block movement correctly after being rotated.
April 4, 2022
- New payment modal implemented for subscription purchases, including improved integration with PayPal
March 29, 2022
- Fixed an issue where next/previous page buttons in the web compendium were leading to the wrong source.
- Fixed an issue where filtering in the in-VTT compendium was showing erroneous search results.
- Added two new navigation links for the Ambassador Program (under Community) and D&D Hub (under Tools).
- Updated recent players list to show the last 25 players a user has played with.
- Fix for dark mode colors in text chat for /em and /as commands, inline rolls, tables, 5e NPC damage, and removes all text chat color inversions.
- Fix for dark mode colors on Virtual Tabletop with Token Tooltip, 5e NPC ability score.
March 28, 2022
- Character sheet selection dropdowns on the Create New Game and Campaign Settings pages now render in UTF-8 to support international character sheets and systems.
- Fixed an issue where if the in-VTT compendium search hit an error users would need to refresh the browser to reset.
March 24, 2022
- Character sheet attributes now load when needed in-game rather than all at once on game load, increasing initial load speed and reducing initial memory usage.
Fixed an issue resulting in non-intuitive search results in character sheet dropdown.
Fixed an issue where certain pages weren’t showing up in compendium searches if they had statistics but no text content.
March 23, 2022
- Brazilian Portuguese added to My Account Language dropdown
March 21, 2022
- Added Companion App details to the Tools dropdown menu
- Update made to require users to type "delete chat" or "delete game" instead of "confirm" for both to avoid unintentional deletions
March 18, 2022
- Adjusted contrast for the 5th Edition by Roll20 Character Sheet in the Charactermancer, NPC sheet, some inline roll results, roll toggles, and roll templates for dark mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the token menu focus to default to the first tab rather than the previously opened tab.
- Fixed transparent and white backgrounds with the Radial Menu and Token Marker, respectively.
- Added a class for Character Sheet authors to identify when dark mode is enabled within roll template CSS.
- Sheet Authors: Including '.sheet-rolltemplate-darkmode' at the start of your selector will target roll templates only when dark mode is enabled.
March 17, 2022
- Search added to Character Vault.
- Fixed an issue where character sheet windows that were popped out were not able to reopen in Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where certain pages weren't showing up in compendium searches if they had statistics but no text content.
- Fixed an issue where large tables of contents on compendium pages were overflowing their bounding boxes.
- Fixed an issue with the compendium enabling search for pages with +, &, and : symbols.
March 16, 2022
- Fixed an issue which prevented uploading multiple images at once to the Bulk Card Uploader.
March 7, 2022
- Character Vault is now paginated for users with more than 20 characters stored.
March 4, 2022
- Turn Tracker's Active Turn has better color contrast
- Change to Character Sheet modal makes a better Dark Mode experience for community sheets
- Inline Roll Template text/background contrast increased
- Default Roll Template text/background contrast increased
- Better contrast on "Rolling Dice" message when... rolling dice
- DnD 5e NPC Sheet text/background contrast increase
- DnD 5e Sheet extra abilities in Text Chat got dark mode
- Changes font and font size for DnD 5e character sheet in dark mode
- DnD 5e dropdowns have much contrast
March 3, 2022
- Added support for Finnish language translations
March 2, 2022
- Adds Dark Mode color theme option to the Virtual Tabletop. A toggle below the Toolbox turns it on and off. Color Mode is automatically selected if users have set their preference in Operating System or Browser
- Fixes an issue preventing Pro subscribers from accessing the Fog of War opacity slider in the Page Details tab.
- GMs can lock a token in place on any Virtual Tabletop Layer
- New API key for Graphics objects to prevent tokens and maps from moving. lockMovement takes a boolean, with options for true or false
- Adds a Dark Mode for Roll20 Official 5e Sheet
- Fixes an an issue caused by improper handling of Turn Tracker caused games to fail on load, and prevented Turns being added by rolling Initiative
February 22, 2022
- Character sheet jQuery events now support the Command key on MacOS devices.
- Clicking away from a text box will deselect the Text Tool
- Fixes a jittery user interface when using Copy Page in the Page Menu
- Gives the Text Tool a stroke color option
February 17, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the Text Chat popout window was not displaying the text input field.
February 15, 2022
- Compendium expansions shared with players through Compendium Sharing are now accessible to those players via the web compendium.
February 9, 2022
- Optimizes page speed for Marketplace "What's New," "Browse," and item pages.
- Solved a problem Marketplace creators were having uploading multiple assets.
February 2, 2022
- Added a link for GMs to launch game as a player.
- Fixes an issue where the polygon drawing tool would not snap to grid cell corners on isometric, dimetric, and hexagonal grids when the shift key was held.
- Improved Virtual Tabletop page data to reduce startup time and optimize bandwidth
February 1, 2022
On the Roll20 Marketplace, qualifying bundles will only charge customers for items they don't already own. Non-qualifying bundles have been renamed to packages.
- Visual updates to the Roll20 Marketplace to display discounts and provide clearer information.
January 24, 2022
- Fixed issues where users could not change the color of text or paste images in handouts.
January 19, 2022
- Fixed the Page Settings to no longer use "px" for the Page Size units being multiplied.
- Resolved an error generated by some very specific instances of image placement logic.
- When deleting a Character or Handout, the name is now included in the confirmation message.
January 18, 2022
- Restored the ability to copy the link from the Re-join as GM/Player Button respectively.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Enable Chat Avatars, Enable Chat Timestamps and Enable Advanced Dice taking effect correctly without a game refresh.
- Fixed an issue where toggling Dynamic Lighting on/off resulted in unusual behavior when players were on separate pages.
January 13, 2022
- Fixed a bug with character sheets showing translation strings instead of correct text.
January 6, 2022
Dragging Marketplace images when using the search in library will respect the image size meta-data.
Fixed bug causing Standard Fog of War reset Fog button to not work.
Fixes reset darkness dialog text.
New layout and organization of the Virtual Tabletop Settings tab.