The following is meant to help users with technical issues related to the Roll20 API.
This page is about a feature exclusive to Pro subscribers, or to players in a Game created by a Pro subscriber. If you'd like to use this feature, consider upgrading your account.
First thing, please try our general troubleshooting steps (1-3) outlined in the Solving Technical Issues article. If those do not work, additional troubleshooting steps for API issues are outlined below:
- Check both your browser console log and the API Output Console for additional information and errors
- Review script-specific information on the GitHub library and API Forum
- Try logging out and logging back in to your Roll20 account
- Troubleshoot only one game at a time - close all other instances of Roll20 that are not related to that game
- Use two windows/tabs of Roll20 for troubleshooting - one for the API Output Console and one for entering the game
- Restart the API Scripts Sandbox
- Verify your scripts are updated
- Disable scripts one at a time
- Remove and re-install the scripts
- Review the script syntax (i.e. Is all the spelling correct? Are you missing characters or do you have extra characters?)
- Double-check your script and/or character sheet dependencies and review scripts for conflicting items (i.e. Do they require other scripts to work? Do they need a specific updated character sheet? Can these scripts work at the same time? Are they utilizing similar functionality?) This information is typically noted by the script author. Double-check script-specific information on the GitHub library and API Forum.
Still Having Issues?
Think You Encountered a Bug?
Follow the directions at the bottom of Solving Technical Issues to create a detailed bug report.